Are you wondering what these popular restorations could do for your oral health?
It isn’t always easy to decide which kind of restoration your smile will need. Luckily, we don’t expect you to come in knowing all the answers. Our St. Louis, MO, dentist, Dr. John Monaco, will be able to examine your smile and determine what your smile needs to be its healthiest. If we’ve recently recommended getting a dental crown, you may be curious to learn more about this restoration and what it will do to boost your smile’s strength and appearance.
What is a dental crown?
As you may already know (or at least already guessed) a dental crown is designed to look just like the crown of a real tooth. This restoration is shaped like a tooth but is hollow on the inside, that way it can easily be fitted over your tooth to change its appearance or restore strength and function if a tooth has become damaged or weak. A crown is a great protective barrier for a tooth and can even preserve it for years to come.
What are the benefits of crowns?
If our St. Louis general dentist has recommended that you get a dental crown, you may be wondering what it can do for your smile. There are so many benefits you will receive when you get a crown including:
- A tooth that has an improved shape, color, size or length
- A tooth that is now stronger because it has something reliable around it to protect it
- A tooth that is no longer discolored and matches the rest of your smile
- A restoration that can support a dental bridge to replace one or more missing teeth
- A restoration that can also be used to cover a dental implant to treat tooth loss
- A restoration that provides more support and stability for a tooth when a dental filling has failed
Do you have questions about getting dental crowns in St. Louis, MO? If so, we are here to answer all of your questions. Don’t hesitate to call Dr. Monaco today to schedule your cosmetic consultation. Getting a beautiful smile isn’t difficult when you have a dentist you can trust.